Like humans, dogs too have sensitive skin and are prone to skin allergies. Although this is a fairly common thing, but it can still put you as well as your dog into a big trouble. If your dog has a sensitive skin, the first and the foremost thing you need to do is to take care of your dog’s diet. Since there are lot many options of pre- formulated dog foods in the market, you can easily choose food that is best suitable for your canine friend. You can even try recipes at home if that makes you comfortable.
What is Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Recipe
Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Recipe is one dog food that will take care of all your dog’s skin health needs. Carefully choosing the right food for your dog is the first step that you should take. Nobody knows your dog better than you. Giving Diamond Care to your dog will ensure that you skip the never- ending trial and error process.
Although, if you choose to buy the dog food for sensitive skin then you would want to know the ingredients beforehand. There are two different types of such foods available and you can choose according to your pet’s allergies. It is best to know everything in advance before you consider buying any dog food because your dog will not be able to tell you if it suffers from any discomfort. Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Recipe is right now one of the best choices you can make for your pet with sensitive skin.
Everything You Need to Know About Dog Supplement for Sensitive Skin
Many dog foods work as sensitive skin food because the food allergies in canines are generally very personal. The best dog food choice you will have to make is absolutely an individual thing. It is not compulsory that which is sensitive to your pup’s skin is necessarily insensitive to another’s. It is known that dogs have a tendency to easily develop allergies to any kind of food they consume.
There are a few fish-based dog foods which are known to fall in the sensitive skin category. Mainly because these foods happen to contain extra omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acid doses in them. These foods are good in dealing with allergies and inflammation. If you go by the statistics, then you would know that the fish-based foods rarely cause skin allergies or sensitivities in dogs. However, having said that salmon is a very common allergen for quite a few dogs. For some dogs, even peas have become the cause of allergies. So, it is not that easy to tell what will really make your pet friend suffer.
Organic, veterinary, Limited Ingredient Diets, non-GMO and grain- free- generally these types of foods come under the category of sensitive skin dog food. The four most important denominators in sensitive skin dog foods are:
- Limited ingredients with minimum fillers.
- Low amount of grains.
- Unique sources of protein.
- Omega-3 fatty acids- they are necessary for complete skin care or health of dogs.
That said, whether or not a specific dog skin sensitive food will work for your dog or not can be decided according to your dog’s characteristics. But if you choose to opt for Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Recipe for your dog, then you would be making a great choice as it is –one size that fits all.
All About Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Recipe
Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Recipe is every dog’s best friend if you might say so. It helps in dealing with unique skin health issues in dogs very easily. This formula food recipe is made with hydrolyzed salmon and that makes it rich in omega fatty acids. This makes it a great food formula for sensitive and allergic dog skin.
This unique food recipe also has good amounts of antioxidants (Vitamin E) which helps the immune system to stay fit and fine. Diamond Care is extremely rich in nutrients and are easy on stomach, as it is easily digestible too. In case your dog has any stomach issue, the probiotics in this food will further ease out the digestion process.
The best part is that the Diamond CARE formula does not contain any artificial flavors or colors, preservatives, wheat, corn or gluten or any other unhealthy filler foods. You only need to take care of one thing- just keep your dog hydrated at all times. The more fluids he consumes, the better it will be.
List of Ingredients in Diamond Care Dog Food
- Pea Flour
- Hydrolyzed salmon
- Sunflower oil- It is preserved with mixed tocopherols
- Natural Salmon Flavor
- Tomato Pomace
- Salmon Oil- It is preserved with mixed tocopherols
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Calcium Carbonate
- Choline Chloride
- Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product
- Dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product
- Dried Lactobacillus reuteri fermentation product
- Vitamin E supplement
- Iron Proteinate
- Zinc Proteinate
- Copper Proteinate
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Zinc Sulfate
- Copper Sulfate
- Potassium Iodide
- Thiamine Mononitrate- Vitamin B1
- Manganese Proteinate
- Manganous Oxide
- Ascorbic Acid
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Calcium Pantothenate
- Manganese Sulfate
- Sodium Selenite
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Riboflavin- vitamin B2
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Folic acid.
- It contains live and naturally occurring microorganisms.
Right Time to Give Your Dog Skin Sensitive Foods
There are endless reasons for your dog to have sensitive skin. The first in the list of frequent offenders is food allergies. The rest that follow are parasitic infections (bacteria, worms, ticks and fleas), damaged or vulnerable immune system, seasonal allergies, dust or mites allergies, and the list goes on.
To further explain things, here are a few and the most common dog skin problems you should look out for:
- Allergies are extremely common and to a greater extent very unpleasant source of many skin problems in dogs. The worst thing is that the allergies can be caused by a thousand different things.
- Keep a tab if you see chronic itching skin or pruritus. On an average, about 40% of dogs with skin sensitivity suffer from this. So, this is not a rare problem either.
- Sores and hot spots caused by parasite. This problem can be more seen in those breeds of dogs that mostly love to stay outdoors. The best you can do for such dogs is to give extra importance to their skin health.
- Dull coat due to dry skin is yet another bigger problem! Such dogs need to be given highly nutritional diets. The look and feel of the coat is the first sign to know that your dog is not getting enough nutrients.
- Loss of hair. As much as one can blame the external parasites, we cannot ignore the possibility that the dog could be suffering from some internal problem too. In such cases, the best step to take is to visit a vet.
Diamond Care is a family owned brand from the USA. It uses ingredients only from the trusted sources from across the globe. The company follows all scientific protocols that explain food safety. All this makes it a reliable name in the dog skin sensitive food niche.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Right Dog Food
Choosing Diamond Care over many other Skin Sensitive Foods for dogs shows that you really care for your pet friend. It is like opting for a one stop solution for your dog’s overall skin health. To be double sure, you may want to meet the vet and get all your doubts cleared. Visiting a dog nutritionist will also help you to a larger extent. Apart from that here are a few steps that you must take for your canine friend’s best health: –
- Never assume your dog’s problem. Make sure you talk about each and every problem that you have noticed during the vet’s visit. Directly administering diets only because you feel is right can make things worse for your pet.
- Learn about all other allergies that your dog has. It will take a span of few days of patience and observations before you establish. But at least you will be aware of maximum, if not all the problems that your dog might be dealing with.
- Make sure that your first preference lies in opting for fish- based food products to treat skin problems of your dog. All your dog needs, is a diet that is rich in fatty acids such as Omega-6.
- Make a time table. Be sure that you are feeding your dog with a variety of foods. You cannot ignore the fact that dogs too have taste buds. If you do not stick to variety then the chances are that it will completely give up on the intended diet within a matter of few days.
- Feed your dog with both- wet food as well as dry food. It is the basic requirement of all types of dog’s skin.
- The last but not the least, your choice needs to be pocket friendly only then you will be able to continue giving it for long.